Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Monkey Fact Monday: White-headed Capuchin!

Awesome header by Kokeeto!


Hi, Monkeys! Minimomo here again! Are you ready for another awesome Monkey Fact Monday?! I know I am!
A White-headed Capuchin often uses its tail to anchor itself in the trees! Last week while I was trying to find a monkey to research about I came across this monkey called the White-headed Capuchin.
It's also called the White-faced Capuchin or White-throated Capuchin! As you can see from the picture, this is because of their fur coloring around their head and shoulders!
This monkey is found in Northern and Central South America in forests there. They are known for living very long lives in monkey years! White-headed Capuchins can live for about 46 years (in captivity), but the oldest known monkey was 54 years old.
Some really interesting facts about them are that they pollinate plants in the forests where they live while they eat and also help the plants by scattering seeds! They are very important for the health of their environment. :-)
They are also known to use tools like stones and sticks in order to get their food or to defend or protect themselves or other monkeys against intruders. White-headed Capuchins are very, very smart monkeys! You might even recognize this kind of monkey from a popular television show. Do you know which one I'm talking about?
I hope you enjoyed this week's post and that you all have a great week, Monkeys!

~ Minimomo

Great post, Minimomo! I think I do know which TV show you're talking about but I won't say just yet! Hehe let's see if anyone else can figure it out! xD Thank you to Kokeeto for making our Monkey Fact Monday header!

Information from buzzle.com and wikipedia.org, photograph by Hans Hillewaert

0 comments: